"God Bless the Dream, the Dreamer and the Result." 

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"Making Lemons out of Lemonade"

By: William M. Parker II

When starting out in the workforce we don’t immediately become the CEO or Vice President of a company. It takes time, patience and hard work to advance whether it is in a company or a career. There are some people who don’t like starting at the bottom and often get frustrated with their work. They think they should immediately be the CEO or Vice President. At one point, I was on of those people. However I had to realize that in order for me to get promoted at the company and from God I had to be humble and do best job in my current position. So when I had moments where I felt I could be doing better and not moving up the ladder fast enough, I listen to what my mother always told me, “make lemons out of lemonade.”
The term "making lemons out of lemonade," means doing the best job with whatever task is given to you. It is a day-to-day struggle however with spirituality, friends and family we all can become successful in our own unique way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the phrase is actually "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade." That is, when you get a sour situation, make it sweet.